Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Not About Us...

So I've been in Uganda for almost a week now, and it feels like I've stepped back into a life I once knew. I truly love it here. A few days ago we had our first full day in the village, and I am so amazed at what has already taken place. Eddie and I have both preached a few times, and the Lord has touched many lives. The people have been so grateful for the Talking Bibles, as
well as the water systems, and have had a blast with Kids Games. It has been such a joy to see how much these people love the Word of God. I hope to love God's Word with that much zeal. To them, the Word literally is life!

The other exciting thing has been the clothes. We are partnering with a village taylor and making all of the children here uniforms for school. There is also a church in the city of Kampala that is doing a clothing drive so that we can take more clothes to the elderly and adults in the village.
We're planning to do the clothing exchange in a week, and I'm soooooo excited to see the response of the kids. There will certainly be celebration here when that takes place.

We leave tomorrow to love on the people of Mityana. Pray for our time with the elderly and orphans there.


Overall, I am so grateful that God has allowed us the privilege to be here. I have loved my time with Olive, Martin, Caleb, Eddie, and the rest of the team working with us. What a dear sister I have in Olive. She truly has layed down her life for her friends. And I can't even begin to put into words how great my time with Eddie has been. I grow closer to Jesus with every conversation we have. Oh, how I love my brother. In closing, all I can say is that God is soooo faithful!!! His love truly does endure forever.

-Willie


No comments:

Post a Comment